UPPSC Staff Nurse / Sister Grade-2 Exam Pattern
There will be a written and a medical examination and the candidates have to qualify both as per the prescribed conditions.
The written test will have 170 questions carrying a total of 85 marks, which means each question will have 0.5 marks. There will be 3 subjects in the written test and the subject-wise distribution of marks is explained in the following table.
|No of Questions
|Main Subject Nursing
Some important notes:
- The question paper will be of objective type.
- Candidates will get 2 hours to attempt all 170 questions.
- Candidates who are already working as nursing staff at some medical services departments on a contract basis in Uttar Pradesh will be given up to 15 bonus marks based on their experience (in years). To be clearer, 3 marks will be bestowed for each year of service completion on a contract basis.
- For each wrong answer given, one-third (1/3) of the marks assigned to that particular question will be deducted.
- While the minimum efficiency standard for candidates of Gen & OBC categories is 40%, it’s 35% for the candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
The commission will also conduct a medical test to examine the medical and physical fitness of the candidates. Those who are found unfit in the medical tests will not be able to proceed with the selection procedure.
Now, let us give you a good look at the syllabus.
- General English
- History of India and Indian national movements
- Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, Rights – Issues, etc
- Indian Economy and Social Development
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- Indian Agriculture
- General Science
- Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level
- General Hindi
- वाक्य एवं वर्तनी शुद्धि
- अनेक शब्दों के एक शब्द
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव शब्द
- विशेष्य एवं विशेषण
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Fundamentals of Nursing
- First Aid
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Role of Nursing Personnel at Various levels
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Professional Trends and Adjustment
- Personal Hygiene
- Environmental Hygiene
- Computer in Nursing
Yes, for each wrong answer, 1/3 of the marks assigned to the question will be deducted.
The merit list will be prepared based on the marks scored on the written test.
The candidate must have a diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery from a recognized institute. Candidates who have 3 years of experience in a large hospital or medical college will be given preference.
Candidates have to undergo and pass a written test and a medical examination to be selected for the post.
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission