TSPSC Group-3 Exam Pattern
|Number Of Papers||Test Type||Name of the Subjects||Total Questions||Number Of Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper I||Objective Type of Questions||150||150||2 1/2 hours|
|Paper II||History, Polity & Society||General Studies and General Abilities||150||150||2 1/2 hours|
|Paper III||Economy and Development||150||150||2 1/2 hours|
TSPSC Group 3 Syllabus
Syllabus For General Studies And General Abilities
- Basic English. (8th Class Standard)
- Society, Culture, Heritage, Arts and Literature of Telangana.
- Logical Reasoning; Analytical Ability and Data Interpretation.
- Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies.
- International Relations and Events.
- Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
- World Geography, Indian Geography, and Geography of Telangana State.
- History and Cultural Heritage of India.
- Social Exclusion, Rights Issues, and Inclusive Policies.
- Policies of Telangana State.
- General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology.
Syllabus For History, Polity, And Society
Social Structure, Issues, and Public Policies:
- Peasant’s Movements, Tribal Movements, Backward Class Movements, Dalit Movements, Environmental Movements, Women’s Movements, Regional Autonomy Movements, Human Rights Movements.
- Salient Features of Indian society: Caste, Family, Marriage, Kinship, Religion, Tribe, Women Middle class
- Socio-Cultural Features of Telangana Society.
- Social Issues
- Social Movements
- Affirmative Policies for SCs, STs, OBC, Women, Disabled and Children; Minorities, Labour, Welfare Programmes: Employment, Poverty Alleviation Programmes; Rural and Urban, Women and Child Welfare, Tribal Welfare.
- Telangana Specific Social Issues:
- Vetti, Jogini, Devadasi System, Child labor, Girl Child, Fluorosis, Migration, Farmer’s and Weaver’s Distress.
- Inequality and Exclusion: Casteism, Communalism, Regionalism, Child Labour, Human Trafficking, Violence against Women, Disability and Aged.
- Social Policies and Welfare Programmes
- Indian Social Structure
Economy and Development of Telangana:
- Industry and Service Sectors: Industrial Development; Structure and Growth of Industry sectorMicro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Sector; Industrial Infrastructure; Industrial Policy of Telangana; Structure and Growth of Service sector.
- Telangana Economy in undivided Andhra Pradesh (1956-2014)- Deprivations (Water (Bachavat Committee), Finances (Lalit, Bhargava, Wanchu Committees) and Employment( Jai Bharat Committee, Georgian Committee) and Under Development.
- Agriculture and Allied Sectors: Share of Agriculture and Allied sectors in GSDP; Distribution of land holdings; Dependence on Agriculture; Irrigation- Sources of Irrigation; Problems of Dryland Agriculture; Agricultural credit.
- Land Reforms in Telangana: Abolition of Intermediaries: Zamindari, Jagirdari, and Inamdar; Tenancy Reforms; Land ceiling; Land alienation in Scheduled Areas
Syllabus For Economy and Development
- Indian Economy: Issues and Challenges.
- Growth and Development: Concepts of Growth and Development –Relationship between Growth and Development
- Measures of Economic Growth: National Income- Definition, Concepts and Methods of measuring National Income; Nominal and Real Income.
- Planning in Indian Economy: Objectives, Priorities, Strategies, and Achievements of Five-year Plans – 12th FYP; Inclusive Growth – NITI Aayog
- Poverty and Unemployment: Concepts of Poverty – Income based Poverty and Non-Income based poverty; Measurement of Poverty; Unemployment- Definition, Types of Unemployment
Syllabus For Issues of Development and Change
- Economic Reforms: Growth, Poverty, and Inequalities – Social Development (education and health); Social Transformation; Social Security.
- Development Dynamics: Regional Inequalities in India – Social Inequalities – Caste, Ethnicity (tribe), Gender and Religion; Migration; Urbanisation.
- Sustainable Development: Concept and Measurement; Sustainable Development Goals
- Development and Displacement: Land Acquisition Policy; Resettlement and Rehabilitation.