TNPSC Assistant Engineer Exam Pattern
|Exam Type||Papers||Subjects||Questions||Marks||Exam Duration|
|Paper-I||Agriculture Engineering (Only for Agriculture Engineering Applicants)||200||300||3 Hours|
|Objective Type||Basics of Engineering (Only for Mechanical, Civil, Automobile, Production, and Industrial|
|Paper-II||General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
- The TNPSC Online Exam consists of two objective type papers – Paper I & Paper II.
- Paper I consists of 200 questions for 300 marks and Paper II contains 100 multiple choice questions for 200 marks.
- The Exam Duration for Paper 1 is 3 Hours and Paper 2 is for 2 Hours.
- For every wrong answer, 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question will be deducted.
- There will be Paper wise cut-off. The applicants should get qualifying marks on both papers.
- In Paper 1, there will be questions from Agricultural Engineering, and in Paper 2, there will be questions from Basics of Engineering.
TNPSC AE Syllabus – General Studies
- General Science.
- Political Science.
- Geographical landmarks.
- Indian National Movement.
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Test.
- History & Culture of India.
- Indian Polity.
- Indian Economy.
TNPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus – TNPSC AE Syllabus for Basics of Engineering
- Engineering Physics.
- Basics of Civil & Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Chemistry.
- Basics of Computer Engineering.
- Basics of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Environmental Science & Engineering.
- Total Quality Management.
- Principles of Management.
Tamil Nadu PSC AE Syllabus – TNPSC Assistant Engineer Syllabus for Agriculture Engineering
- Renewable & Bioenergy.
- Process Engineering Agricultural & Horticultural Crops.
- Farm Power.
- Unit Operations in Food and Agricultural Processing.
- Farm Machinery.
- Farm & Irrigation Structures.
- Irrigation and Drainage.
- Watershed Development & Management.
- Soil Erosion & Conservation.
- Surveying & Hydrology.