NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination Syllabus Details
|Recruitment Board||Nagaland Public Service Commission|
|Post Name||NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination|
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination Selection Procedure
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination Exam Pattern
|Indian Polity and Economy||MCQ||200||3 Hrs|
|Indian National Movement|
|General Mental Ability Test|
- Basic Science including basic numerics (numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude, etc.), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc.) shall be of class X level.
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Main Exam Pattern
|General Essay, Comprehension & Grammar||_||200||3 Hrs|
|General Studies||Paper – I (MCQ)||200||3 Hrs|
|Paper – II (Descriptive)||200||3 Hrs|
- Paper-II will have different segments of questions ranging from 2 (two) marks to 20 (twenty) marks.
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Exam Pattern, Syllabus
- 1. General Science :
General appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
- 2. History :
Broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects, social and cultural heritage of India, emphasizing unity in diversity.
- 3. Nagaland:
Social, cultural, and heritage of its people.
- 4. Geography :
The geography of India includes the physical, social, economic, geographical, and main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources.
- 5. Indian Polity and Economy :
Country’s political, Executive, Judicial System, Local Bodies, Rural and Community Development, and Economic Planning in India.
- 6. Indian National Movement :
Nature and character of the Nineteenth-century resurgence, growth of nationalism, and attainment of independence.
- 7. General Mental Ability Test :
Analysis of classified data, logical and behavioral reasoning, analogies, basic arithmetic, numerical ability, and basic concept of computers.*
- 8. Current events :
The latest development in all the fields detailed above includes science and technology and environmental awareness.
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Main Examination Syllabus 2022
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination Syllabus General Essay, Comprehension & Grammar
- (i) There will be two General Essay Questions on the following topics: Crisis management, Social problems, Analysis, and solutions. Current events of national and international importance. Current events relating to the State of Nagaland. (50×2=100 Marks)
- (ii) Comprehension(80 Marks)
- (iii) Grammar(20 Marks)
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination Syllabus General Studies Paper – I
- (i)Modern history of India and Indian culture.
- (ii)Current events of national and international importance.
- (iii)Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams.;
- (iv)Basic and everyday science.
- (v)Nagaland in all aspects. The modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century (the advent of European invasion) and would include questions on Gandhi and Nehru. Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in a statistical, graphical, and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, and limitations therein. Questions on basic and everyday science will cover matters of everyday observation and experiences of a modern man. General information on Nagaland will also be asked for.
NPSC NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services Examination Syllabus General Studies Paper – II (Descriptive)
- (i) Indian polity and Public Administration.
- (ii) Indian economy and geography.;
- (iii) Social problems and sensitive issues including environmental problems.
- (iv) Nagaland geography, society, culture, and heritage.
- (v) Administration in Nagaland.