Title: Detailed MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Maharashtra Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Forest Services Main Examination|
|Recruitment Details||Maharashtra Public Service Commission Forest Services Main Examination|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Exam Pattern
|Paper No. & Code||Marks||No. Of Questions||Medium||Standard||Duration||Nature of Question Paper|
|General Studies 1 (037)||200||100||Marathi &English||Graduations||1hr||MCQ(Multiple Choices Questions)|
| General Science &|
|300||100||English||Graduations||1hr||MCQ(Multiple Choices Questions)|
Interview: 50 Marks
Detailed MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Syllabus
Paper-I: General Studies
- History of India with emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Physical, Social, and Economic Geography of India and the World. Emphasis on that of Maharashtra
- Indian polity and Governance. Constitution and Political System, Rural and Urban local self Government
- Economic and Social Development
Paper–II: General Science & Nature Conservation
1) General Science (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)
2) Nature Conservation
- Soils: – Physical, chemical, and biological properties. Processes and factors of soil formation. Mineral and organic constituents of soil and their role in maintaining soil productivity. Soil profile. Problem soils and their reclamation.
- Soil and moisture conservation:- Causes of soil erosion, method of control, the role of forest, characteristics of and steps in Watershed Management.
- Eco Systems: – Types, food chain, food web, ecological pyramids, energy flow, biogeochemical cycle of carbon and nitrogen.
- Manures and Fertilizers:- Types, organic-inorganic.
- Diseases and pests of plants and animals.
- Pesticides and insecticides.
- Injurious plants and weeds.
- Environmental Pollution:- Types, control, bio-indicators, endangered species,.
- Environmental problems related to quarrying and mining.
- Greenhouse effect, Carbon trading, Climate Change.
- Important wild animals of India.
- Breeds of cattle, Economics of fodder and pasture of grassland management.
- Important indigenous tree species of India, exotic plants, plants as a source of forest products such as food, fiber, fuel wood, timber, non-timber, forest produce/minor forest produce. Medicinal plants, Energy plantations, Mangroves, and Forest-based industries.
- Factors affecting the growth and distribution of plants. Forest types of India.
- National parks and Sanctuaries, World heritage sites.
- Social forestry, Joint Forest Management, Agroforestry.
- Indian forest policy, Indian Forest Act, Wild Life Protection Act, Forest Conservation Act, 1980.
- National and International organizations working for nature conservation.
- Use of aerial photographs, and thematic maps. Satellite imageries, Principle, and application of GIS.
- Biodiversity, causes of loss of biodiversity, the importance of biodiversity
- Plants breeding, tissue culture. Tribals and forests. Important tribes of India.
We have provided the MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of a pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the MPSC Forest Services Main Examination Pdf by using the below link free of cost.