MPPSC Assistant Manager Exam Pattern
Candidates who apply for the MPPSC Assistant Manager post have to undergo the following stages of examination:
- Written Test
Firstly, there will be a written exam to test the ability and knowledge of the candidates. Here’s a table to give you an idea of the written test pattern in the most simplified way.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|MP, National, And International level General Knowledge/Fundamental Knowledge of Computer||50||150|
|Hospital and Public Health Management||100||300|
It is clear by the data given in the table that the question paper will have 2 sections based on the subjects. Check out a few important notes given below:
- Each question will be of 3 marks in written test.
- The candidates will get 3 hours to attempt all 150 questions.
- The question paper will be completely objective type.
- To clear the written test, It’s mandatory for the candidates to obtain 40% marks from each section separately.
- There will be negative marking of 1/3. That means, for every wrong answer given, 1 mark will be deducted.
- The question paper will be in both Hindi and English.
After clearing the written test, a candidate has to appear for an interview where his/her skills are examined in terms of academic knowledge and various other parameters.
The interview will carry 50 marks and there are no minimum passing marks. So basically, the total marks in the examination (written test + interview) will be 500.
MPPSC Assistant Manager Details Syllabus
Now, let’s take a look at the syllabus for MPPSC Assistant Manager Public Health & Family Welfare Exam.
- General Knowledge of Madhya Pradesh, National and International level.
A) History Culture and Literature of M.P.
- Important Historical events and Major dynasties of M.P.
- Contribution of Madhya Pradesh in the Independence movements.
- Art, Architecture and culture of M.P.
- Main Tribes and Dialects of M.P.
- Main festivals, folk music and folk art of M.P.
- Important literary figures of M.P. and their literature.
- Main Tourist places of M.P.
- Important personalities of M.P.
B) Geography of Madhya Pradesh
- Forest, Mountain, and Rivers of M.P.
- Climate of M.P.
- Natural and mineral resources of M.P.
- Energy Resources: Conventional and Non- conventional.
- Main irrigation and Power projects of M.P.
C) Politics and Economy of M.P.
- Political system of M.P. (Governor, Cabinet, Legislative Assembly).
- Panchayati Raj in M.P.
- Social system of M.P.
- Demography and census of M.P.
- Economic development of M.P.
- Main industries of M.P.
- Agriculture and Agri based industries in M.P.
D) Current events of International, National, and M.P.
- Important Contemporaneous events.
- Famous sports competitions; awards and sports institution of the State and country
- Welfare schemes of M.P. state.
- Famous personalities and Places.
E) Information and Communication Technology
- Electronics, computers, information, and communication technology.
- Robotics, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity.
- Internet and Social networking site.
2. Hospital and Public Health Management
A) Hospital Administration
- Management :- Concept and application in health and hospitals, roles and duties of
- Practical approach towards law and order in hospital management, crowd management, Patient management. Medical record, its significance and management, and Audits: Medical Audit, Departmental Audit, Whole Hospital Audit.
- Quality in healthcare The concept of service quality standards, assurance, conformance, management, and measurement of quality parameters for Health Care Organization (HCOs), Nosocomial infection its detection and control, Hospital Hazards and Disaster minimization.
- Quality accreditation of HCOs its significance implementation, management, and measurement of the required standards.
- Hospitals as an industrial organization. Optimum utilization of resources.
B) Public Health Management
- Health: Definition, meaning, health indicators their significance and application,
magnitude of disease burden, surveillance, prevalence, and incidence of disease. Levels
of healthcare and their importance, relevance to stratified referral system.
- Healthcare planning in India, historical aspect, various committees, their
recommendations and implementation. ‘Health’ in National Five Year Plans, Yearly
National and State Health Budgeting and their background exercises.
- Community health care need and their forecasting. National Health Programmes,
Healthcare delivery system in Rural and Urban India and its outreach.
- National Health Mission, Ayushman Bharat and other National Health Schemes,
National Health Policy.
- Betterment of community health, along with consideration for its cost and availability,
Quality of healthcare in Government and Private sector. Public Private Partnership (PPP)
for health services. Role of NGOs in betterment of National Health.
C) Management Information System and Supply Chain
- HMIS, Database & Health Information, Database Management, Relational Database
- System analysis and system design, IT based decision-making in healthcare.
- Statistics of healthcare assessment and their practical application.
- Purchase and materials management with basic understanding of EOQ and related
mathematical models, inventory and Models.
- Logistics and supply chain in health services with specific understanding of cold chain
and its significance, warehousing.
D) Accounting and Finance Management
- Basics of accounting and finance, accounting principles GAAPS, Journal and Ledger.
- Trial balance, P & L account, balance sheets, bank reconciliation statement.
- Financial analysis, ratios, leverages, working capital,
- Cash flow, fund flow statements, BEP.-time value of money.
- Fundamental cost accounting, cost benefit analysis, ROI.
E) Operations Management
- Optimization of resources with mathematical models.
- Linear programming.
- Assignment and transportation models.
- Queuing theory, replacement Models.
- Scheduling and sequencing exercises.
F) Management of Human Resources
- Individual and interpersonal behavior, group dynamics.
- Theoretical aspect of motivation, leadership, change, attitude.
- Team building and team spirit, organization culture.
- Job analysis, job description, compensation assessment.
- Manpower Planning, Recruitment, Selection, Induction, Training and development.
G) Marketing Of Health Care Services (In Hospitals and Govt HCO’s)
- Concept of service marketing, service marketing mix, service marketing triangle.
- Service quality, service quality gaps.
- Marketing of health and hospital services, public relations.
- Integrated Marketing Communications.
- Strategic Community Interventions for National Health Programs.
H) Hospital Planning
- SOPs:- Concept building, hospital planning team, feasibility study, selection of site,
financial planning of hospitals. Site development, bed distribution, space allocation,
interior designing and construction of building, fittings and fixtures, equipment Plan.
- Projected calculations for in built or outsourced facilities, projected footfall and
commissioning, facilities design and layout.
- Planning of clinical and para clinical services: OPD, IPD, ICU and OT complexes,
laboratory investigation, radio diagnostic and Radiotherapy Services, Nuclear
Medicine, Cath Lab, IVF, Dialysis, Blood Bank Services, CSSD, Casualty Services,
Obstetrics and Gynecology facilities etc.
- Planning of supportive services: Administrative block, admission and discharge, from
hospital billing, corporate desk, insurance and Third Party Administrator (TPA)
services. Pharmacy & Medical store. Medical gas system, HVAC, CSSD, Dietary
services, cafeteria, laundry & linen services, housekeeping and BMW, Engineering, Workshop and such other services.
- Security, fire fighting, HVAC, effluent treatment plant. Incinerator. Oxygen
I) Legal Framework for Hospital Management
- Legal framework for HCOs, Medical Laws, Medical Ethics and code of conduct,
negligence. Security Act 2008 for MP Doctors & Associated Medical Care People.
- Legal liabilities of hospitals, PCPNDT Act, MTP Act, Basics of drugs and cosmetics
- Organ transplantation Act, provisions for radiation control and BMW, Autopsy,
Epidemic diseases Act.
- Legal provisions related to HR, IR issues, ESI, Criminal, Civil, Law of Torts.
- Artificial Insemination and Surrogacy.
J) Contemporary Issues
- Health Insurance and IRDA, Ayushman Ybjana, CGHS, Railways.
- Green hospitals concept, energy efficiency in hospitals.
- Telemedicine and its optimum ethical utilization.
- Robotics and Lasers in hospitals.
- Rehabilitative services, camp hospitals and triage.
Yes, there will be a negative marking of 1/3.
The final merit list will be prepared based on the combined marks obtained in the written test and interview.
To apply for MPPSC Assistant Professor, a candidate must have a post-graduate degree with 55% marks and have cleared NET, SLET, or SET exams from a recognized university/institute.
Interest candidates have to qualify for a written test followed by an interview to be considered for the post.
Madhya Pradesh Public Service Commission