- 1 JSSC CGL Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
- 2 JSSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern 2022
- 3 JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus 2022
- 4 JSSC CGL Mains Syllabus 2022
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
JSSC CGL Prelims Exam Pattern 2022
In JSSC CGL prelims, a total of 120 questions consists of 360 marks. Further details related to exam pattern are provided below:
- Each question carries 3 marks for every right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect or wrong answer.
- The questions will be MCQ type i.e. four options are provided with every question in which one is the right answer among the four given options.
- No mark will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- You can refer to the below table for a detailed exam pattern of the JSSC CGL exam pattern :
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks allotted||Exam Duration|
|General Studies||30||90||2 hours|
|Reasoning and mental ability||. 20||60|
|General knowledge of Jharkhand state||30||90|
Mains Exam Pattern
JSSC CGL Mains Exam Pattern 2022
JSSC CGL mains exam consists of three sections each having a duration of 2 hours. Candidates can check further details here:
- The questions will be multiple choice types.
- Paper 1 will be qualifying in nature and second paper candidates can choose the language of the exam as per their choice.
- Paper 3 contains 150 questions and a total of 450 marks. Each question carries 3 marks.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The detailed exam pattern of the JSSC CGL mains exam is discussed in the below table :
|Name of paper||Subject||Marks||Number of questions||Exam duration|
|Paper 1||Language||. 360||120||2 hours|
|Paper 2||Selected language or regional language||300||100||2 hours|
|Paper 3||General knowledge and||450||150||2 hours|
JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus 2022
The JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus consists of 5 sections which are General Studies, General Science, General Mathematics, General Mathematics, Reasoning, and Mental ability and General knowledge about Jharkhand.
JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus of General Studies
- History: Ancient India History – Prehistoric age, Indus Valley Civilization, Vedic age, Mahajanpadas, Jainism and Buddhism, Islam religion, Christion religion, Magadh Emperor, Maurya Emperor, Shaks and Kushan rulers, Vardhan dynasty, etc.
- Medieval India History – Arabians attack on India, Mahmood Gajani, Muhammad Gauri, Sultanate period, Vijaynagar Emperor, Bahmani rulers, Religious movements, Mughal emperor, Marathas, etc.
- Modern Indian History – Entry of Foreign companies in India, 1857 revolt, Indian independence movements, Indian National Congress, etc.
- Indian Constitution
- Geography – Continents, Rivers and dams, Mountains, plateaus, passes, forests, vegetation, minerals and ores, Solar system, etc.
JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus: General Science
- Physics – Units and measurement, Force and motion, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic induction, magnetism, Ray optics, wave optics, etc.
- Chemistry – Elements and compounds, Periodic table, Metals and nonmetals, Redox reactions, Electrochemistry, Environmental chemistry, organic chemistry, etc.
- Biology – Classification of the cell, human body, proteins and vitamins, digestive system, human reproductive system, etc.
JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus: General Mathematics
- Number System – classification of numbers, divisibility rule, remainder theorem, number of zeroes, prime factors, LCM and HCF, Surds and Indices, problems on numbers, problems on ages, etc.
- Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Simple and Compound Interest, Time and Work, Pipe and Cisterns, Boat and stream, Partnership, Ratio, and proportion.
- Data interpretation, Statistics, etc.
- Mensuration, Geometry, etc.
JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus: Reasoning and Mental ability
Analogy, Classification, Coding-Decoding, Number series, Syllogism, Venn diagram, Blood relation, Calendar, Clock, Mirror image, Water image, Seating arrangement, Figure completion, Embedded figures, Paper cutting, and folding, Logical reasoning, Statement and arguments, Statement and conclusion, etc.
JSSC CGL Prelims Syllabus: General knowledge about Jharkhand
This section includes the basic knowledge about Jharkhand. It includes topics related to politics, current affairs, sports, news, arts, and culture, miscellaneous, etc. Mains Syllabus
JSSC CGL Mains Syllabus 2022
JSSC CGL Mains consists of three papers each having a duration of 2 hours. The detailed syllabus of JSSC CGL is mentioned in the below table :
|Paper – I||English Language||Basic English grammar, synonyms and antonyms, Grammatical errors, fill in the blanks, cloze test, sentence completion, Articles, Gerund, Tenses, Voice, Narration, Sentence connectors, prepositions, spotting errors, etc.|
|Paper-II||Tribal or Regional language||Reading comprehension, passages, grammar, spot the error, jumbled sentence, basic understanding of English grammar, etc.|
|Paper- III||General Knowledge||General Awareness, Current affairs, Sports, Awards, Computer, Science and technology, mental ability, current events, important index, political issues, basic knowledge about Jharkhand State, etc.|
The detailed syllabus can also be downloaded from the official website http://jssc.nic.in.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
JSSC CGL consists of two stages: prelims and mains.
In the preliminary exam, there are five sections namely General Studies, General Science, General Maths, Reasoning and Mental Ability, and General knowledge about Jharkhand.
JSSC CGL mains exam consists of three papers namely Paper – I (Language), Paper-II (Tribal or Regional language), Paper – III (General knowledge).
JSSC CGL comprises prelims and mains exam. After the mains exam, the final merit list of all the selected candidates has been published then the joining of candidates is done.