The full form of JAG is Judge Advocate General. The role of JAG is to work for the Indian Army as a Lawyer as an Indian Army officer.
JAG Syllabus Exam Pattern
Now coming to the selection procedure of JAG entry-.
- There is no written exam.
- There is an SSB interview after clearing the SSB exam you will go for a medical examination after clearing your medical examination there will be a final merit list on the basis of the merit list you will be called for training at OTA.
- the final merit list will be based on the marks scored in the SSB exam.
so start preparing for your SSB exam.
Here I would like to tell few more important points regarding this exam –
Educational Qualification For JAG–
- Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination).
- The candidates should be eligible for registration as an advocate with Bar Council of India/State
Tenure of Engagement –
- Short Service Commission will be granted to Male and Female in the Regular Army for 14 years i.e.
- for an initial period of 10 years extendable by a further period of 04 years.
- Male & Female officers who are willing to continue to serve in the Army after the expiry of the period of ten years of Short Service Commission may, if eligible and suitable in all respects, be considered for the grant of Permanent Commission (PC) in the 10th year of their Short Service Commission in accordance with the relevant policies as issued from time to time.
Training – The duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
How to Apply JAG –
(a) Applications will only be accepted online on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply / Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
FAQs on Judge Advocate General (JAG)
Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration as advocate with the Bar Council of India/State. The candidate should be from a College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
This is a nine-week course where you will be trained on Air Force legal practice. … You will be both an Air Force Officer as well as an attorney. We expect our JAGs to continually grow and learn in both fields.
The age limit of the candidate under JAG 2021 recruitment is 21 years and not more than 27 years.
Yes, you are eligible to apply but registration with the Bar Council of State/India is mandatory.