Title: Detailed APPSC Degree College Lecturer Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Degree College Lecturers|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Degree College Lecturers|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Degree College Lecturers Examination Exam Pattern
|Papers||No.of Questions||Duration (Minutes)||Maximum Marks|
|PART-A: Written Examination (Objective Type)|
|Paper-1: General Studies||150||150||150|
|Paper-2: Concerned Subject (One only)||150||150||300|
|PART-B: Interview (Oral Test)||50|
1. The Candidates have to choose one subject from the following for Paper 2:
|1. English||2. Commerce||3. Economics|
|4. History||5. Political Science||6. Mathematics|
|7. Physics||8. Botany||9. Zoology|
Detailed APPSC Degree College Lecturers Examination Syllabus
PAPER-1: GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
1. General Science – Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their implications including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India – emphasis will be on a broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural, and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian polity and Economy – including the country’s political system- rural development – Planning and economic reforms in India. 6. Mental ability – reasoning and inferences.
Detailed Study of literary age (19th Century) viz., The period of English Literature from 1798 to 1900 with special reference to the works of the major writers including Words worth, Coleridge, Byron, Keats, Shelley, Lamb, Hazlitt, Thackeray, Dickens, Tennyson, Browning, Arnold George Eliot, Calyle and Ruskin.
- Financial Management
- Industrial Organisation
1. National Economic Accounting, National Income Analysis Generation and Distribution of Income and related aggregates: Gross National Product, Net National Product, Gross Domestic Product & Net Domestic Product (at market prices and factor costs): at constant and current prices.
2. Price Theory: Law of Demand: Utility analysis and Indifference Curve techniques, Consumer equilibrium, Cost curves, and their relationships; equilibrium of a firm under different market structures; pricing of factors of Production.
5. Political Science
1, State: Theories of origin of State. Rights and Duties, Law, Liberty and Equality. Nation & Nationality – Forms of Government Press – Pressure Groups and parties
2. Ideologies: Utilitarianism – Individualism – Idealism. Theories of Socialism – Gandhian philosophy
3. Theories of Decision making – Behaviouralism – System Theory, Elite Theory – Structural functional decision-making, and Game Theory.
- Real Analysis
- Complex “Analysis
- Abstract Algebra
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
I. Mathematical Physics
II. Classical Mechanics
III. Electromagnetic Theory
IV. Special Theory of Relativity
V. Statistical Mechanics
VI. Quantum Mechanics
VIII. Solid State Physics
IX. Nuclear Physics
I. Bacteria and Viruses
II. Plant Pathology
III. Algae (Phycology)
IV. Fungi (Mycology)
IX. Taxonomy of Angiosperms
X. Anatomy and Cell Biology
XII. Cytology, Genetics, and Evolution
XII. Ecology and Phytogeography
XV. Economic Botany
XVI. Recent Aspects of Botany
01. PROBABILITY AND STATISTICS
03. SAMPLING TECHNIQUES
04. EXPERIMENTAL DESIGNS
11. COMPUTER SCIENCE
Computer Organization: Memory Organizations, CPU Organisation, Assembly Language, Microprogramming, Input-Output Organization, Intel 8086 Computer. Programming: Programming in C, Object-oriented programming concepts including classes, Polymorphism, Inheritance, and Programming in C++ and Java. Data Structures: Arrays, Records, Linked Lists, Trees, Binary Tree Traversal, Binary Search Trees, and Graphs
12. COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
Mathematical Foundations: Mathematical Logic, Set Theory, Elementary Combinatorics, Probability, Random Variables, Binomial and Poisson Distributions, Curve Fitting, Number Systems, and Computer Arithmetic. Computer Organization: Memory Organizations, CPU Organization, Assembly Language, Microprogramming, Input-Output Organization, Intel 8086 Computer. Programming: Programming in C, Object-oriented programming concepts including classes, Polymorphism, Inheritance, and Programming in C++ and Java.
a) Study of classical poets – their age and works – particular selections from Nannaya, Tikkana, Errapragada, Salva Poets i.e., (Nannechoda, Mallikarjuna Pandita, Palakuriki Soma), Nachana Somana – Bhaskara Ramayana poets and Ranganatha Ramayana Poet – Srinatha – Pothana – Pillalamarri Pinaveerabhadra – Raurana – Jakkana – Anantamatya – Koravi Goparaju – Nandi Mallaya and Ghanta Singana – Ashta Diggaja Poets – Tallapaka Poets – Krishnadeva Raya – Ponnaganti Telangana – Chemakura Venkataraju – King Poets of Tanjavore – Women Poets – Kuchimanchi Poets – (Jaggana – Timmana).
b) Vemana, his philosophy – Observations and views on his times – his importance as a commentator on contemporary times – his relevance now.
01. The study of the following Ten Authors and Poets
02. Appreciation of couplets of renowned poets
03. The Study of the following eight trends of the History of Urdu Literature.
04. Study of various aspects of Language and Literature
I. Study the following ten authors and poets:
5. Acharya Ramachandra Shukla
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
1. Meaning and scope of Public Administration – Its relations with other Social Sciences – The Art and Science of Public Administration
2. Theories of Administration – Classical, Human Relations, Ecological, Systems approach – Decisionmaking 3. Concept of Development – Administration and Comparative Administration
4. Concept of Administration: Hierarchy, Span of Control, Co-ordination, Unity of Command, Centralisation, and Decentralisation, Authority and responsibility, Formal and Informal Organisation, Decision making, Leadership, Administrative Planning, Communication, Work motivation, Management Information system.
BIOMOLECULES AND ANALYTICAL TECHNIQUES
Agricultural and veterinary microbiology
Microbiology of Food and Environment
We have provided the APPSC Degree College Lecturers Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of a pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Degree College Lecturers Examination Pdf by using the below link free of cost.