Title: Detailed APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Syllabus
|Name of Organisation||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission|
|Name of Posts||Assistant Geologist|
|Recruitment Details||Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Assistant Geologist|
|Type of Test||Objective Type|
|Test Mode||Online (Computer Based Test – CBT)|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Pattern
|PART-A: Written (Competitive) Examination (Objective Type) – P.G. Degree Standard|
|i) General Studies & Mental ability||150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
| ii) Geology Subject:|
|150 Marks||150 Qns||150 Minutes|
|PART-B: Interview (Oral Test)||50 Marks|
Detailed APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Syllabus
GENERAL STUDIES & MENTAL ABILITY
1. General Science – Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their implications including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India – emphasis will be on a broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural, and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian polity and Economy – including the country’s political system- rural development – Planning and economic reforms in India.
6. Mental ability – reasoning and inferences
1. Earth as a planet of the Solar System; Origin and Age of Earth; lsostasy, Tectonic movements, Earthquakes, Mountain building; Continental Drift, Seafloor spreading, Plate-tectonics; Endegenous and Exogenous dynamic processes; Land forms and drainage patters; Geomorphic Cycle; Geomorphology of Folded and Faulted regions; Application of Geomorphology in Engineering Projects.
2. Crystals, Symmetry elements, Classification of Crystals; Principles of Crystal Chemistry; Optical characters of Minerals; Universal stage; Structure, Physical and Optical characters, and paragenisis of the following groups of silicates; Felspars, Felspathoids, Pyroxenes, Amphiboles, Garnets, Micas and Zeolites.
1. Structural Geology Objectives stress and strain; primary and secondary structures; folds and fold systems, Mechanism of folding; Recognizing the top of a bed; faults, description, recognition of faults in the field; joints, joint systems and their origin; foliation and lineation – types, origin, their importance in the study of structures; structures and tectonics of India.
2. Economic Geology, its scope; factors that define Economic worthiness of mineral deposits; Mineral resources and their peculiarities; Stratiform and stratabound deposits; Geothermometry and Geobarometry; Ore-bearing fluids and their migration; Common forms and structures of ore deposits; ore textures; classification of Mineral deposits; processes of formation of Mineral deposits – Magmatic Segregation, Contact Metasomatism, Hydrothermal processes, Sedimentation, Residual and Mechanical concentration, Submarine volcanic and Exhalative processes, Bacterial processes, Oxidation and Supergene enrichment and Metamorphism; Metallogenie epochs and provinces of India.
We have provided the APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Syllabus in the form of a pdf. Also, we have mentioned the direct link to download the APPSC Assistant Geologist Examination Exam Pdf by using the below link free of cost.